Over the past two decades, Al Madad Foundation has worked to empower some of the world’s most vulnerable children by providing safe spaces to heal, learn and grow.
The Foundation has now launched its second call for proposals to its Education Grants Programme, which this year is focused on the topic of ‘Funding Innovative Solutions within Refugee Education for Children affected by the Syria Crisis'.
Projects focused on the following areas will be favoured:
- Social work in education, particularly non-formal education, and addressing in particular the need for funders of non-formal education (NFE) to be required to integrate a social work/support professional into projects to document issues and refer cases as needed
- Pupil tracking – the Foundation are interested in how pupil tracking into and within the formal education system works and the development of technology to help over-stretched administrators working in this area
- Collaborative working in ‘real-time’ – looking into the possibility of using technology to access in much shorter time-frames the combined field results from the major organisations working towards United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (Education), in order to better adjust offerings, avoid duplication, etc.
In order to be considered eligible, organisations must:
- Be a registered charity in the country in which they are headquartered; individuals who wish to apply can only do so in conjunction with a registered organisation (e.g. an academic researcher might apply with the backing of their university)
- Be able to meet the Foundation's reporting and acknowledgement requirements
- Have a Child Protection Policy in place that conforms to the laws of the country in which they operate and a clear methodology that demonstrates that it is appropriately and consistently applied.
Organisations can submit one application for any amount up to £250,000 for a defined project of up to three years’ duration.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 4 February 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.