The Al Madad Foundation, a registered charity based in London, is working to empower some of the world’s most vulnerable children by providing safe spaces to heal, learn and grow.
The Foundation has launched its second call for proposals, which is focused on the topic of 'the Arts'.
The overall objective of this funding call is to support small initiatives promoting the development and empowerment of refugee children in Lebanon through the Arts. This call will focus on:
- Providing a voice to refugee children in Lebanon through the means of artistic expression
- Identification of innovative schemes to introduce artistic skills which could support refugee children in building their own future
- Providing refugee and displaced children with access to the Arts within a formal and/or non-formal education setting
- Review of, or research around, current art programmes being implemented with Syrian refugee children, and the extent of their impact on wellbeing.
In order to be considered eligible, organisations must:
- Be a registered charity in the country in which they are headquartered; individuals who wish to apply can only do so in conjunction with a registered organisation (e.g. an academic researcher might apply with the backing of his or her university)
- Be able to meet the Foundation's reporting and acknowledgement requirements
- Have a Child Protection Policy in place that conforms to the laws of the country in which they operate and a clear methodology that demonstrates that it is appropriately and consistently applied.
Preference will be shown for charities with an annual income of between £5,000-£750,000 and at least three years’ continuous accounts.
Organisations can submit one application for any amount up to £20,000 for a defined project of up to three years’ duration.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline of 30 September 2019.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.