The aim of the Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) is to accelerate investment in the field of trans-European networks and to leverage funding from public and private sectors. The 2020 CEF Energy Call for Proposals will make €979.6 million available to finance projects of common interest in the energy sector, specifically electricity (including smart grids), gas and cross-border carbon dioxide networks.
The 2020 Call supports projects geared at the following objectives:
- Ending energy isolation.
- Increasing competitiveness by promoting the integration on the internal energy market and the interoperability of electricity and gas networks across borders.
- Enhancing the Union's security of supply.
- Integrating energy from renewable sources and developing smart energy networks.
- Eliminating energy bottlenecks.
- Completion of the internal energy market.
- Contributing to sustainable development and protection of the environment, inter alia by the integration of energy from renewable sources and by the development of smart energy networks and cross-border carbon dioxide networks.
- Providing other benefits, eg in relation to the European "Green Deal" objectives.
Proposals must be submitted by one or more Member States or by international organisations, joint undertakings, or public or private undertakings or bodies established in Member States. Where necessary, third countries and entities established in third countries may participate in actions; however, they may not receive financial assistance except where it is indispensable to achieving the objectives of a given project of common interest.
Applications must be submitted by 27 May 2020.
More information about this funding opportunity and the application process is available on the GRANTfinder funding information platform. GRANTfinder provides up-to-the minute content, insight and analysis on funding news and policy. To find out more about how GRANTfinder can keep you in the know, and subscription fees, contact us today.